JOB DESCRIPTION – EVENTS ASSISTANT
About Malvern Radio
Malvern Radio is an independent events centre in Great Malvern. We provide a space for company meetings, events and private hire.
We opened in Summer 2019 after a six-month refurbishment that saw an old disused nightclub transformed into a flexible, welcoming event space.
We are now hiring a team of part-time Events Assistants, some of whom may be offered full time roles as the business grows.
About The Role
The Events Assistant role will vary depending on the event, but typical duties will include:
· Preparing the venue for the event including moving furniture, laying tables and setting up the AV system
· Stocking the bar, serving drinks in the bar, managing tills and taking rubbish and recycling out for collection
· Preparing guest lists and welcoming guests on the door
· Circulating around events with trays of canapés and drinks
· Promoting the venue to guests who may want to book an event
Desired Qualities & Experience
We’ll give you full training on everything you need to do, but here’s an idea of what we’re looking for:
· You must be over 18 to comply with our license
· You will need to have a warm, friendly disposition
· You’ll need to be super organized and enjoy flying around doing ten things at once
· You don’t need to have any events or bar experience – but great if you have (especially great if you have a Personal License)
· It would be preferable if you have an interest in the events / hospitality industry. This will be a great place to start your career in these industries
· You must have the right to work in the UK
Pay & Hours
Events Assistants are paid the national living wage of £9.00 per hour, irrespective of age.
Initially the Events Assistant roles will be ad-hoc, so there are no guaranteed hours. As the business grows we hope to be able to provide full and part time employment opportunities.
How To Apply
Please email your CV and a few paragraphs about why you’d like to work at Malvern Radio to firstname.lastname@example.org
NO AGENCIES THANKS